Sunday, November 29, 2009

What does Mr. Turkey Say?

... gobble, gobble, gobble. :-)

I made my first Thanksgiving meal all by myself this year! (Well, I did make Hal clean out the turkey, but I cooked everything!) I'm quite impressed with my mad skills. Hal drove up and we got to spend 4 whole days doing homework together. Much work was accomplished and I am in pretty good shape to finish up the semester. I will definitely need to catch up with some reading and learning over the Christmas break.

I have my second pulled muscle from coughing. It is painful to breathe and I am ready to be better! Prayers for health would be much appreciated. I worked out for the first time since getting sick today. I am proud of what I did, but I need my lungs back if I am going to really be able to go all out.

Hal and I did take a break from work for a few hours on Friday to go to the zoo. I loved the pandas! But the animals made me a little sad too. I wanted them to be running around free; seeing them in cages really pointed out how much control we assert over creation. I have no profound insights into where to go with these feelings, but I am glad that I was aware of them.



Today while I was on the phone with my grandma and she told me that my home church was on the news! Today the people at St. Paul's in Natick helped to move the Natick Service Council with a human chain from the church to the new pantry location a few blocks away. It made me super proud and super homesick all at once. I can't wait for a couple weeks at home for Christmas.

Oh come, oh come, Emmanuel.

With Love,
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment